Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Then There's the Food (Mexican, Latin, etc..)

I think it's more challenging to try and lose weight when you're a Latina. Seriously. Here are a few examples.

Last weekend my sister called me that she was in the neighborhood and was buying chicharrones at Matamoros Meat market. She asked if I wanted some. Of course I had to say yes.

Next weekend my mother in law is coming over to make menudo. Of course I will eat some.

Next Tuesday my very good friends' parents are in town and they want to go lunch at my cousin's restaurant, Sylvia's Enchilada Kitchen. Of course I will want to eat the mole enchiladas.

So you see, being a Latina makes it very hard to lose weight. It's just that the food is sooo good! Even the stuff that some non-Latinos don't like are so delicious. Chicharrones, menudo, barbacoa, tripitas, tamales.... I know there's some of you non-Latinos that like these foods too so you know what I mean.

Seriously, I've been trying to cut down on the meat so I really shouldn't be eating any of those things anyway. Maybe I'll just have a taste. :) I wonder if all of them are in the livestrong.com calorie counter!

No comments:

Post a Comment