Saturday, February 13, 2010

Forty and Goal Setting Time!


It's finally official! I am FORTY YEARS OLD!! I seriously think I've been experiencing a depression in disguise for the last couple of months. Turning 40 has been weighing heavy on my mind for the past month. On top of this big milestone I've been going through a lot of other stressful state of affairs in my life and in my career.

But that was then and this is now. I am moving forward and I am taking back the power. I refuse to be the victim in my career changes and I will be proactive and I will do what I need to do to take care of ME and my family.

I finally made it back to the gym, which was much needed. I broke in the new Nike running shoes and I JUST DID IT!

I've also made a huge decision for myself. I have decided to self-publish my first novel! It is a huge step to make and I will be very busy editing what I wrote three years ago. It feels great to make a decision like this one. It gives my life even more purpose. I finally have a goal as regards this book and I'm looking forward to working towards that goal.

Speaking of goals. There are three times when I make and review goals in my life. The New Year, my birthday, and Fall, when the school year starts. I'm two days into 40 and I haven't reviewed my goals yet. As a matter of fact, I didn't make any this past January. All I said was that I would do what I had to do and not what I shouldn't. That worked for a little while and then I slacked off.

So now it's time to review my life goals, my goals for the next five years of my life and my goals for retiring. Crazy as that sounds I hope I'm retiring in the next 20 to 25 years. Twenty years fly by as has been proved since my high school graduation. THEY FLY! I will be 60 in just 20 more years. Unbelievable.

Turning 40 also makes me really take stock of my life and what I'm doing. I found an awesome artist, Kelly Rae Roberts, this past week while working. I came across her work while out on sales call and I was blown away by her work. She has such inspiring quotes on her work! I bought a little art frame that reads, "Leap Fearlessly." This will become my motto. It applies to so many aspects of my life, but especially my career.

I promise I will start blogging more often. I’ll let you know how my goals are going and how the book publishing idea is going. My goals are definitely tied to my exercise and eating goals!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats and happy bday! What will the novel be about?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lisa, the novel is about 3 cousins and their mothers.

    ReplyDelete