Sunday, January 31, 2010

"Never Too Late to Have a Life. And never too late to change one"

My new Nike Shoes that I'm yet to break in!

I have had two very very bad weeks, personally, exercise-wise, professionally, you name it I had it. Two weeks ago my five year old son was really congested and he woke up in the middle of the night telling me his chest hurt. My husband stayed home with him and took him to see his pediatrician. Asthma. Yes, asthma. I was so upset! My poor little boy and of course he was congested the entire week. Needless to say I couldn't take him to the gym kid's club because they don't allow children who are sick. And not that I wanted to do that anyway. He went back to school the next day and it wouldn't be that fair for him to have to be at school all day, after school care, and then the gym in addition to that. I wanted to get him home and into bed early. In addition to him being sick I had a sore throat for an entire week. So there went that week.

The next week I was ready to go back to the gym again and that week I let life get in my way. I was speaking to a women's group on Friday and I had to prepare the class outline. My husband had a talk at our congregation (religious) and he likes my input when he's working on a talk, so we worked on those a little each night after work. We planned to do our family study on Tuesday so I didn't go to the gym, but he had to work super late so we had to move it to Wednesday and so Wednesday I didn't go to the gym. Thursday was our meeting and his talk. By Friday I was drained from a crazy week at work and I had a heck of a day on Friday, that included exchanging words and opinions with someone.

So that is how you can let two weeks go by with NO exercise. None, not even with the exercise class that I very well know is on Comcast On Demand. Sad I know... My only saving grace is that I have a decent fill that keeps me from over-eating.

I won't say that I will NEVER let this happen again but I can tell you that I will work very hard to never let it happen again. The results are so obvious on my middle section! Breaks are good but they can't be too long!So I will end this with one of Nike's amazing quotes.

"Sooner or later, you start taking yourself seriously. You know when you need a break. You know when you need a rest. You know what to get worked up about and what to get rid of. And you know when it's time to take care of yourself, for yourself. To do something that makes you stronger, faster, more complete. Because you know it's never too late to have a life. And never too late to change one." – Nike

No comments:

Post a Comment