Thursday, January 14, 2010

Sixth Week of Exercise


This is my sixth week of exercise! I skipped the week of December 28 so these aren't consecutive weeks, but pretty darn close!

I have a confession to make. (do you want to read this Kimmi?) I haven't been logging my food or exercise on livestrong.com. No, I haven't....

Why is it that I have such a challenge doing everything that I'm supposed to at the same time? I've been exercising like crazy but I'm not logging my food, therefore I know I'm eating a lot more than I should. Sigh...

Okay, on to more positive things. I am finally making some progress on my running after six weeks! (remember I'm not a runner so this will take me longer than most people) I am starting to run 90 seconds now and then walking 90 seconds. Yay! Not every single time but a lot of the time. I want to start building up to run longer periods of time.  Next goal will be to run for 2 minutes and then to only walk for 90 second in between.  I'm trying to follow the "Couch-to-5K Running Plan" somewhat.

I can not believe I'm going to be forty four weeks from today! At forty I am going to start a completely different phase of my life health-wise. On to new goals for the second half of my life!

2 comments:

  1. Whoo hoo keep up the running! Remember the tortoise won :)

    Also, I was having trouble with the food tracking too. Completing my second week. Trick was to tell myself it didn't matter if I went over what I should have, just to get it all down. Now after 2 weeks, I'm starting to see where my daily decisions may be impacting my weight loss.

    You can do it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've started running, actually power walking. Got a treadmill and have been walking at least a mile every day plus I bought a pair of those Reebok Eastytone shoes and figure I might as well get double the workout. My legs are a little sore so something is working.

    ReplyDelete