Monday, January 4, 2010

Vacation is OVER!


Desing by Anne Taintor

So here I am. It's the very last day of my vacation and I'm sad. One part of me is ready to go back to work and a very big part of me is not. The part of me that is ready to go back is the part that needs order and a schedule in life. The kids go back to school, thus it forces me to get up in early and to get the kids to school on time.

I don't write New Year's resolutions but I always write down my goals. This year I have simplified my goals to two. 1. Do what I should and 2. Don't do what I shouldn't. Part of doing what I should is waking up early and getting the kids to school on time. Don't ask me why I struggle with that simple rule but I do.

Another part of doing what I should is eating right and exercising. Doing what I shouldn't is eating food that is bad for me. Let's see how this simple approach works for me. Going back to work will keep me on the straight and narrow with my exercise routine. I'll be able to pick up the kids from their after school and then go running for half an hour before heading home. That's the plan.

My husband is going back on his no meat diet so that will make it easier to eat healthy. Back to fish and tofu, which is so much better for us, kids included.

New year, healthier me. New year, more organized me. New year, more disciplined me. New year, runner me!

But yes, I still wish I could stay home, exercise all I want and write all I want. But alas, I can't. I have to go back to work tomorrow and head back to the grind.

No comments:

Post a Comment