Monday, March 8, 2010

Life's Many Obstacles and Adventures but I Have a Mommy Award


My Best Mommy Award by my daughter

Today I think I deserve this award. Notice she's inside a margarita glass. How appropriate!


6:30 a.m. Started waking up. Felt son's body and he was really warm, too warm.

6:45 a.m. Woke up my husband and told him to check my son too. He agreed. We decided he would take our daughter to school.

6:50 a.m. Woke up my daughter to get dressed for school.

6:55 a.m. Son woke up having a coughing fit and said he had to throw up. He pushed my daughter out of the restroom and he threw up phlegm. Nice.

7:00 a.m. Encouraged daughter to get dressed for school.

7:35 a.m. Husband took daughter to school, Son was watching cartoons.

I was up and checked work e-mail, etc..

8:30 a.m. Convinced son to lie down for a little while so he could get some rest. He slept for one hour.

9:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Washed clothes and did some work. Sister called to remind me my father had his pacemaker check-up this evening and I volunteered to go next.

Husband called and said he was bringing lunch.

Husband called back. Truck was broken down.

Drove to pick up husband and to bring him back home. We all ate lunch and then he went back to work in my SUV.

I continued to wash clothes. In the end I washed every single piece of dirty clothing in this house. A major accomplishment.

4:00 p.m. Started making dinner.

5:50p.m. Husband drove up just in time so I could go help my father with his pacemaker check-up.

6:01 p.m. Walked into my father's house. He had just hung up the phone with the pacemaker lady. I had to wait for her to call back. She never did so I called her and I was put on hold.

6:25 p.m. Left my father's house

6:35 p.m. Made it to my house and tried to eat some catfish, asparagus, and Portobello mushrooms. Just a few small bites of each. Big mistake. Why haven't I learned that I can't eat in a hurry. I'm especially tight, no matter how small the bite. I didn't even get to enjoy what I cooked!

6:45 p.m. Husband asked me if I was taking my son. He had to go check on his truck to see if he could get it running. (my nephew was taking him) I realized then that I was not going to run at the gym as planned.

6:50 p.m. On the road to take my daughter to her first cheerleading class.

7:00 p.m. Husband calls. He forgot jumper cables in car. I say I'll meet him back at his truck after I drop off my daughter. I do and then drive back to pick up daughter. I stop at TMobile on the way because I need a new car charger for my new phone. The old one doesn't fit.

8:15 p.m. Daughter gets out of cheerleading. She's ecstatic and loved her class. I'm so happy! She's obviously worked out and sweated. I'm so glad I found an activity that she'll enjoy!

On the way back home we stop to assist my husband. He couldn't get the truck started with the other person's battery. We try mine. Doesn't work either.

9:00 p.m. Finally get home. Son is still too warm. I'm out of Tylenol and only have Motrin. After eating a little bit more I head out to Walgreen's.

9:45 p.m. Walk into Walgreen's. Buy the Tylenol and a few other things we need for the house.

10:15 p.m. Get home. Daughter is still awake. I wake up son to give him Tylenol. He asks me to read To Kill a Mockingbird. I read a couple of pages and son falls asleep again.

11:30 p.m. I still need a shower and to make lunch. I also need to figure out what I'm going to do with the my son if he's still sick tomorrow.

No, I never worked out, but I sure feel like I did.

1 comment:

  1. I am not sure how you do it. What do you do to keep your energy level up?

    I stress out when I come home from work at 6, making a mad dash into our kitchen to make dinner. We eat around 7ish and then I am in bed around 9, just to be able to wake up at 6:30. I am out of the house at 7:30 and on the bus at 8. It's basically the same routine, but I am tired as hell.

    You are truly a woman of many talents.

    ReplyDelete