Sunday, March 14, 2010

My Mommy Badge for the Week I've Had


This is a Mommy Badge my daughter gave me a couple of years ago.

This week will go down in history as one of those times that one of us (or all of us in this case) got really really sick. You know, you always remember those times that were really bad. My husband and I always remember our honeymoon to Italy. I was deathly sick when we arrived in Milan and I spent the first 24 hours asleep. My poor husband had to go in search of medication and tried to communicate with the pharmacist. He also had to venture out alone looking for breakfast and coffee. Unfortunately I'm the one who speaks Italian and he's the one who doesn't. My husband never forgets that.

Then there was our first year anniversary. My husband was very sick and ran fever all night. I kept putting a cold washcloth on his head and on his body to bring down the heat. I never forget that.

Well this week will be one of those we never forget. It was a week when every single one of us has been sick. I have been sick since Tuesday and I still haven't been able to shake it. Part of the reason I haven't gotten better is because I had to fly to Albuquerque overnight for sales calls on Friday. I was miserable on the way there, through a three hour delayed flight, and the next day back. I can't shake all this phlegm in my chest!

It started with my son Monday and Tuesday, followed by me, and now my daughter is fighting a fever and the cough. My husband is also a little sick but it hit him more like it hit my son, touch and go. Whatever it is decided to camp out on me and now on my daughter.

I was joking with a colleague from Dallas that I haven't worked out this week but I probably lost weight from not eating. I hardly ate a thing Tuesday through Friday. My appetite just started to return yesterday.

Plus, one of the nasty side effects of the lap band is that I can hardly eat when I'm congested because of the mucous. I get extra tight and I can only get warm soup down. A good trick when you're congested is to drink hot tea before attempting to eat anything.

I am hoping and praying that my daughter is better by tonight and tomorrow morning. The kids are on Spring Break but unfortunately because of the week I had last week I can't take any vacation time. I had originally planned on taking two days. They will visit their old baby sitter one day (she took care of them when they were babies so they love going there) and I still need to figure out other plans for the rest of the week. I'm hoping work goes well enough so that I can at least take Friday off.

I also want to be better by tomorrow evening because my daughter has cheerleading and I'd like to go to the gym for a little while. Even if it's just to walk. I just need to run and move!

No comments:

Post a Comment