Thursday, March 4, 2010

I Just Forgot the Mammogram...How Convenient!

I turned 40 exactly 3 weeks ago and I conveniently forgot all about my mammogram. Just plain forgot!

Today I came home to find a little postcard with pink flower and a woman on it. I wondered what it was and I turned it over to find that it was a friendly reminder from my OBGYN. Same doctor I've been seeing for the past 17 years. The reminder was for my annual pap smear and then it hit me. "I'm forty now! Dr. Miro told me to schedule a mammogram around my birthday."

Yeah, well the thought of having my big ol'boob squashed up in that torture device just makes me cringe! No wonder I forgot! If you know me well you have to think about that one. Imagine my breasts squashed in that thing. I have a feeling it's going to be very painful. But none-the-less I believe in prevention and I know I have to do it. I know I do. So tomorrow I'm going to call Dr. Miro's nurse to schedule the inevitable.

Now that Odyssey of the Mind is over I hit the gym hard, three days in a row! I ran every day and I'm not even sore. It's amazing. I guess that's my body's way of telling me it's time to step it up! Next week I'm going to move up to the next step of running more than I walk. I will eventually get there!

1 comment:

  1. I just had my first mammogram, and I must say, it wasn't so bad. A bit cold, but not so bad...Good luck!

    ReplyDelete