Monday, March 1, 2010

Odyssey of the Mind is Finished!


I am so glad that my daughter had this great Odyssey of the Mind experience and learned how to compete. But I'm not going to lie. I'm so glad it's over with and that I can continue on my exercise journey. One of the bad side effects of trying to be Super Mom is that sometimes (OK, a lot of the times) you put yourself and your health on the back burner.

I went to the gym today and I ran. And the best part about it? I didn't even feel like I skipped one week because of Odyssey of the Mind practice all last week. (competiton was on Saturday)

Prior to last week I had been building back up to running. So today when I went to the gym I decided that I wasn't going to spend another week preparing to run. I decided to just do it. I started with the 60/90 run and I did quite nicely. Now if I can only go to bed so I can rest for weight training tomorrow.

So this is a very short blog entry, probably my shortest to date. It's 11:30 and I need to shower and go to bed. Just as way of an update. The kids are doing fabulous in their own beds and I wish I'd done this a long time ago. I loved co-sleeping with them the time that I did but all good things must come to an end. They are both old enough to sleep in their room and right now they are sharing a room. My daughter calls it "the nusery" like in Peter Pan. Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment